Want to know how you help out during the 2016/2017 season? There are lots of different opportunities for projects throughout the year.
- MasterWorks Concerts – Sell guest artist CDs before and after the concert at
- Pops Concerts - Sell guest artist CDs before and after the concert at Wharton Center
- Jazz Band – Usher for LSO Jazz Band concerts at Peasant Theatre
- Chamber Concerts – Usher for Chamber Concerts and help organize cookies and
punch after the concerts. These concerts take place four times a year at Molly Grove Chapel
- Annual Young People’s Concert – Usher for our annual Young People’s Concert that hosts up to 3,000 local 3-5th graders.
- Family Series – Help out at our Sunday afternoon Family Series events at the Capitol Area
District Library. Help collect surveys and assist children with a small craft
after the LSO musician performance.
Concert dates can be found here.
At the Office
- Reception – Help run the LSO office by answering phones and helping out with
- Mailings – Help with education and special event mailings in
- Marketing and Communications – help with LSO marketing efforts
such as newsletters, website maintenance, and social media.
- Poster distribution- for MasterWorks and Pops concerts hang up posters around your neighborhood to advertise for the Lansing Symphony. Transport guest artists for LSO concerts from the airport and around town to rehearsals for MasterWorks and Pops concerts.
- Material Distribution – help distribute education and special event materials to various locations within the greater Lansing region.
At Special Events – once a year, big and small
- Musician Appreciation – provide a dish to pass at musician potlucks, or help organize donuts and coffee at musician rehearsals.
- Auditions – Help with LSO Musician, Side by Side and Symphony Youth
- Auditions – Check in candidates and help direct them to practice
- Party Planning – help out with planning and assist with set up and check in at LSO fundraising events like our fall Reverse Raffle, or Spring Gala. Help run info tables as the LSO appears around town and various community events.
- Help with Pro Symphony Geranium and Poinsettia flower sales to raise funds for the LSO.
Questions about volunteering? You can contact Salvatore Parillo at (517) 487-5001.
Lansing Symphony Orchestra
104 S. Washington Square, Suite 300 - Lansing, MI 48933
(517) 487-0210 fax - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lansing Symphony extends its utmost thanks to the many volunteers that give their time and energy throughout the Season to support the Symphony’s mission of enriching lives through excellence in music and educational outreach.
Click here to see our list of current volunteers.